Followers

Unmountable - Defending against the mount

Posted by --- Sunday, February 14, 2010

As promised I broke down and shot the video for "Unmountable" last week.  At my academy there are a couple of guys who have outstanding mount control so I started using the technique in this video to keep those guys off of the mount.



The biggest thing to remember is that the timing has to be right although compared to other movements in BJJ the margin for error is actually quite large.  As long as you maintain control of the near-side leg and move your hips before the opponent finishes his move to the mount you are golden.

To be honest I am not really that comfortable in front of the camera but what the hell.  We also shot two sweet videos with ADCC West Coast Trials Winner Marcos "Yemaso" Torregrosa so be on the look out for those next week.

0 comments

About Me

My photo
My name is Travis and I’ve been training BJJ since May, 2005. I am currently a brown belt under BJJ World Champion Cassio Werneck.

My Favorites