Followers

29 of 200(Sciatica begins)

Posted by --- Friday, February 12, 2010

Class 29 of 200 BJJ classes
Weight 163 lbs.

Instructor: Cassio

Cassio showed a guard pass off a Butterfly sweep attempt today.

Key points:
1. Bring free leg back so that the opponent cannot underhook it.
2. Lift up on the opponent's inside leg(non-hooking leg) driving him back.
3. Secure top side underhook and drive weight forward opponent's head.
4. Continue to drive weight forward putting your head next to the opponents.
5. Drop hips and drive through into side control.

Even after the rest day yesterday my hip is in worst shape today. It appears that I am dealing with a touch of sciatica. It feels like I got kicked in the ass by a horse but come to think of it I should be used to getting my ass kicked by now.



The joy of being a middle-aged BJJ guy. I rolled three rounds and paid for it this evening.

We shot a bunch of video today with Marcos and Shavz. I should have it all edited by Tuesday so be on the look out for it in the next few weeks.

Cassio is interested in shooting some techniques on a regular basis. If I can get him to shoot something once a week that will be really cool. He had a funny blooper during our filming with Marcos.

My BJJ brother Chad Satterfield(BJJ brown belt and owner of MMAHITFIT) is starting an 8 week Crossfit program for the Pan-Ams in April. It is going to be 2 months of hell but our cardio is going to be off the hook.

Thanks for the help Chad...but you are still an evil man!!

The hustle never stops..

0 comments

About Me

My photo
My name is Travis and I’ve been training BJJ since May, 2005. I am currently a brown belt under BJJ World Champion Cassio Werneck.

My Favorites