Followers

28 of 200

Posted by --- Thursday, February 11, 2010

Class 28 of 200 BJJ classes
Weight 163 lbs.

Instructor: Cassio

Cassio reviewed more Sitting guard another meeting at work caused me to miss warm ups.

Key points:
1. Bring trapped knee to the mat
2. Secure underhook
3. Turn hips out slighty and sprawl out

I rolled every round but my right hip and low back are really tight making it really hard to play half or open guard. The hot epsom bath helped but I may take Thursday as a rest day.

I am starting to work through the problem I was having with Robson's side control.

Cassio helped me with the half guard back take.

Key points:
1. Use both arms to keep opponent over your hips.
2. Feed top lapel to your far side hand and drop elbow tight to the opponents back.
3. Come up onto knee like going to turtle.
4. Pull lapel while moving hips out going.

Have to get some more reps in.

The hustle never stops..


0 comments

About Me

My photo
My name is Travis and I’ve been training BJJ since May, 2005. I am currently a brown belt under BJJ World Champion Cassio Werneck.

My Favorites