Followers

How bad do you want it.

Posted by --- Friday, February 19, 2010

Class 32 of 200 BJJ classes
Weight 165 lbs.

Instructor: Marcos Torregrosa

Class Overview:
Marcos had us working to regain position after the opponent ACTUALLY passes the guard into side control. He showed the initial setup into turtle position and a transition into a double leg when the opponent is passing with the "Over Under" pass(or Pancake pass) as it is shown in the following video:



Key points(Turtle/Double Leg):
1. Sit up and away before opponent before he establishes head control.
2. Turn into turtle position keeping elbows in tight.
3. Be aware of any collar grips as you finalize position.
4. Continue to turn in the direction that you sat up in and use near side arm to check the opponent's near side leg.

Rolling overview:
I rolled all the rounds but I probably broke my left ring finger after my training partner. He rips my seemly tight collar grip with both off hands and finger felt like I slammed it in a car door. I am going to train over at Capital City BJJ tommorrow with Marcos but it will probably be one handed.

Chad of MMAHitFit had us do his Workout of the Day today:



As many as possible rounds in 12 mins.
20 Double leg takedowns(setup and entry)
10 Jump Squats

I did 7 rounds and it was horrible!! My legs and back are completely fried..


The hustle never stops..

0 comments

About Me

My photo
My name is Travis and I’ve been training BJJ since May, 2005. I am currently a brown belt under BJJ World Champion Cassio Werneck.

My Favorites