Followers

31 of 200

Posted by --- Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Class 31 of 200 BJJ classes
Weight 163 lbs.

Instructor: Marcos

Marcos had us drilling to defend the guard pass this week. Pretty much the same stuff we drilled on Monday. He also showed a cool entry to the reverse triangle/kimura and a reversal sweep off of a guard pass.

Key points(reverse triangle/kimura);
1. Control the space with inside knee.
2. Rock your opponent to create enough space to secure reverse triangle.
3. Continue to pull on the opponent's arm to tighten triangle.

Key Points(reverse sweep):
1. Off of the opponent's over under leg control he attempts to pass.
2. As the opponent passes the near leg and begins dropping shoulder onto your check push his near side arm in towards his chest(Toby suggested pushing at the elbow...good tip brah!).
3. Secure an over the back belt grip and pull on the belt as you bridge and roll under him to secure sweep.

Chad of MMAHitFit had me do his Tuesday WOD today:

Gi or No Gi.
4 rounds
25 pushups
25 pullups
25 situps
25 squats

I only rolled 3 rounds and my allergies are starting to act up. My cardio still is not where it needs to be. I have to make sure I drink my green shake in the morning and hit it hard in class. I have to push harder!!


The hustle never stops..

0 comments

About Me

My photo
My name is Travis and I’ve been training BJJ since May, 2005. I am currently a brown belt under BJJ World Champion Cassio Werneck.

My Favorites