Followers

8 weeks until the Pan-Ams

Posted by --- Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Class 30 of 200 BJJ classes
Weight 163 lbs.

Instructor: Marcos

Marcos had us drilling to defend the guard pass this week. We were doing basic hip movement to defend the toreando pass as well as spinning through in order to take the back.

Key points:
1. Hip movement in order to get the space to move.
2. Using hands to control the distance between you and the opponent.

Chad(of MMAHitFit) began his 8-week Crossfit preparation for the 2010 BJJ Pans-Ams.  Here is what the workout looked like:  





With a training partner using a Gi or No Gi.
5 rounds
Row 500 meters
50 sit-outs
50 reverse hip escapes

It was not too bad in fact I did 6 rounds to push myself.  However I know that the intensity is going to ramp up over the next few weeks. Looks like I will head over to Capital City BJJ and train some judo as well tonight.

The hustle never stops..

0 comments

About Me

My photo
My name is Travis and I’ve been training BJJ since May, 2005. I am currently a brown belt under BJJ World Champion Cassio Werneck.

My Favorites