Followers

Rumors of my demise(35 of 200)

Posted by --- Friday, March 05, 2010

Class 35 of 200 BJJ classes
Weight 167 lbs.
Instructor: Cassio Werneck

Class Overview:
Cassio had us working Granby rolls to escape side control, turtle and to re-establish guard. However after being off the mats with a pinched nerve in my neck I wanted no parts of any shoulder or neck rolls.

Key Points:
1. Sit up before the opponent has established full side control.
2. Clear your hips before you initiate the Granby roll.
3. If the opponent follows you continue to a second Gramby roll to regain guard.



Here is a video which shows some pretty interesting Gramby style sweeps which can be done from multiple different positions:


Rolling overview:
I after being out for solid week with a pinched nerve I decided to forego rolling in order to one see how my neck would be after class. I believe that was the right move because I did have some pain later on in the day. I gotta start back on my grind next week if I plan on fighting at the Pan-Ams.

Here I am sporting some serious bling around my neck..check out my "Meds" smile!!



The hustle never stops..

1 Responses to Rumors of my demise(35 of 200)

  1. Travis I talked with Andy K from Muay Thai Lao today after I was cleaning my gym and he wanted to know who was the creator of Marcos's iphone app. I told him I know you and train with you. He's very interested in hooking up with you to do business. He said he's good at troubleshoot and being in front of the camera. Said he has over 200 techniques to show and wants to do this iphone app for his business. Let me know what you think. My gym is next to his so if you want me to pass on your info to him I'll be glad to help you out bro. K Aloha!

     

About Me

My photo
My name is Travis and I’ve been training BJJ since May, 2005. I am currently a brown belt under BJJ World Champion Cassio Werneck.

My Favorites